The Spark Employability Academy takes delegates through a series of 11 sessions delivered by industry professionals all geared up towards the 12th session where the individual will then be interviewed by a range of employers.
- The 11 master-class sessions as part of the Academy are
- Introduction to Employability
- Team working
- Contacting an employer
- Goal Setting
- Using LinkedIn
- Identifying achievable job goals
- Social media management
- CV writing
- Preparing for interviews
- Where to find jobs
- Applying for a job
- After each master-class session, Spark conducts 1-1 Employment Clinics with the delegates to contextualize the master-class with the individual
- The master-classes lead up to an interview day where the delegates will have a series of 10 minute interviews with a host of employers that have real opportunities such as work experience, apprenticeships, full time jobs, part time jobs, volunteering and internships
- Spark will invite a range of employers to attend the interview day and facilitate the speed interview event and networking
- We can also deliver a 1 or 2 day intensive Employability workshop where the same aims and objectives are achieved
We have delivered this programme and these sessions on behalf of Housing Associations, YMCA, Universities, Colleges and Local Authorities. We can provide a project success / outcome report on request.
What our clients say about Employability Academy
“I have learned how to compile an outstanding, and head turning CV and how to impress and leave an impression in an interview. The Speed Interview day resulted in me getting an apprenticeship.”
West Nottinghamshire College
Jamie told the group his own inspirational story and then set them a group exercise; goal-setting, breaking tasks down and thinking about their futures. Jamie’s energy, enthusiasm and success were a real inspiration to the group and they instantly warmed to him. His invitation to keep in touch has already been taken up by some of the group and the lucky student who received a free copy of Jamie’s book was inspired to contact him that same evening.
Comments from the students included ‘He makes me feel I could do anything’, ‘I’ve learned more today than I did at school’, ‘He says the things I think’, ‘He’s great’, ‘He really is inspirational’ and, from several students, ‘I want to be him’!
- Linda Gration -
Head of Student Support – West Nottinghamshire College
I was completely clueless about my future. The path was unclear and there were no real goals to go out and grab, also the lack of opportunities! The course opened a new dimension of vision for me. Regular sessions with the team unlocked my ability in sales, as I am now the 8th best salesman in my region at phones4u, a meteoric rise from 131. The course teaches you how to become one step better than you already are. I would recommend it to anybody! I thoroughly enjoyed every second.
- Jakir Uddin -
Request A Callback
Please provide your name and phone number so that we can get in touch with you.