Table of Contents
What is Google classroom?
Google Classroom is a free set that includes Google applications and solutions available to homeschools and schools to create distribution, grade, and assign assignments. With the help of a Google account, teachers can utilize the Google Classroom platform to build the appearance of a digital classroom for students, invite them to join in live lessons, and track the students’ scores. The principal goal for Google Classroom is to simplify and speed up the process of sharing documents between teachers and students. Documents are saved to Google Drive and can be edited in Drive’s collection of applications, including Google Docs Sheets, Google Docs, and Slides.
Google Classroom also encourages parent participation. Teachers can invite parents into their Google Classroom to post notes of their students’ work. They can also receive an automatic email, summary of work done by students, class announcements, class materials, allow students to participate, and assign assignments. One of the significant benefits of using Google is that it is possible to perform work offline and upload whenever a connection is established on a majority of devices.
devices Google Classroom work with Include;
- PCs and Chromebooks.
Similar to other Google applications, you’ll need a Google account to use it. However, not every Google account is suitable for Classroom. You need an account with Google Apps for Education account. This is different from the typical Google account. Follow the steps below to set it up.
- Open a Web browser and go to classroom.google.com. You must log in with an existing Google account.
- If you’re using a regular Google user account, you’ll get an error message saying, “Sorry! The Classroom is available only to Google Apps for Education Users at the moment.” Select on the “Get Started with Apps button.
- If you visit the Google Apps for Education page, You can read more about the program or select the Get Apps Today button in the upper right.
- Complete the form with all of your institution details and then click Next.
- Your institution likely has its website site, and you’ll be able to use it. Select the Use a Domain Name I’ve already purchased option and enter the domain.
- Click Next.
- Enter the password and username you would like to use.
- Enter the text you want to use in the image to prove that you’re not a fake Check the Read-and-Agree box and click Accept and sign up.
Google establishes your Google account and then logs you into the administrator portal. Then, you’ll need to confirm your domain’s ownership, meaning you’ll have to prove that you “own” the domain. If you’re using the school’s domain, you’ll require assistance from your Webmaster for this process.
Log in to the class using your mobile or computer to enroll in a class. When you sign up for the class on just one gadget, you’re registered in the class on all devices. Three ways you can join classes:
With a CLASS LINK
- Click on the link to the class the teacher has shared with you. The link is typically sent by email.
- Choose the account you wish to use to access Classroom.
- Click join
WITH A CODE FOR CLASS
- Your teacher might have given you a verbal 7- characters number or transmitted it electronically. Once you’ve attained that code, go to classroom.google.com.
- Log in using the account you wish to use to access Classroom.
- After logging in, near the top, tap at the top of the screen the “+” icon. If you hover your mouse over the “+” icon, it will say Join class.
- Enter the code for your class.
ACROSS AN EMAIL INVITE
If your teacher has sent you an email inviting you can sign up for the class via the email or Classroom.
From an email:
- Use the email address you use to access Classroom.
- Inside the message, select Join.
From the Classroom:
- Go to classroom.google.com.
- Log in using the account you’d like to use to access Google Classroom.
- On the main page for Classroom, the classes will be organized in the form of cards; on the card for the class, Click Join.
- If you launch Google Classroom, the first thing you’ll have to do to create an account. Select the “Plus” icon in the upper-right corner, and then choose the option to create a class.
- It will display an option to tell you whether you’re going to use Google Classroom at a school with students. Google Classroom requires schools to utilize Google Suite for Education. if their teachers plan to utilize the software in their classrooms. Teachers and students are provided with greater security and privacy features. When you use Google Classroom for Google Classroom to use for your private use, then you don’t have to be concerned about this.
- You’ll be required to enter the names that your school has. It is also possible to include the following information: Subject, Section, Subject, or Room when the class is using Google Classroom at the school system and wishes to add the information. After you’ve finished, you can click on Create.
Navigating Google Classroom
- Once you’ve made an account for a class, you’ll be taken to the class’s page.
- Click on the buttons in the below interactive section to discover more details regarding the Google Classroom interface.
Add students to your class by email.
- Once you’ve set up your course, you’ll have to join all your pupils in it. One way to do this can be to send invitations by email. To accomplish this, you’ll have to go to the People tab. Tab called People. Tab.
- It will open an option to enter your students’ different email addresses. After entering these addresses, select Invite. to invite them.
- It will then send them an email with a link that invites students to sign up for your virtual class.
Add students to a class using a code.
- Another option to add participants to your classes is using the class number. This is a simple code that anyone can utilize to be a part of your class, provided that you give them the.
- There are two locations to find the class code. First, click on the stream tab. You will find the class’s code inside the information section for classes.
- Another method to access code for classes is to click first on Settings for the class icon on the right-hand side of the screen.
- You’ll find the code for your class in your general section. You can send your class’s code to your students by sending them an invite link or even a class code.
- There are also options for teachers to get used to their Google Classroom. Select the drop-down menu on the right side of the manage invite code.
In the Manage invite codes menu, you can choose a selection that works best for your particular class.
- On students at any point can join your class as long as you have their current code for the class or an invite link.
- Switch off The only other person will be able to attend the class as your invite code has been turned off.
- Reset Invite code has been changed to a different code. Students are still able to join. However, they’ll require the new invite code or link. It won’t affect those who are already enrolled in the class.
The Stream is where students can read announcements and other posts by their teacher. Some settings are applied to the Stream that allows students the choice to write and post or comment. To alter these settings, go to Settings for the class. After that, select the drop-down menu beside Stream. We’ll select only teachers who can make comments or posts for this instance. If we select this choice, the teachers can exercise control over what information is posted in the Stream.
Change the email notification settings.
- When you have created a class, you can alter the way students inform you.
- Select to open the button for the Main Menu. A panel will appear to the left.
- Then, click Settings.
You can go into your Notifications section. There are toggles on each notification setting. Presently, all of them are turned on. This means that teachers will be notified of all emails.
- If you are not interested in any of the emails, check out the list of options and decide how turning them off will benefit you.
- If you don’t want emails for a particular class, click the drop-down arrow beside Class notification. You can turn off the notifications for a particular class.
- If you don’t wish to receive email notifications, turn off email notifications. Receive Email notifications.
By making sure you have notifications set up, you can alter the number of emails sent to your email inbox.
Google Forms is typically used to create surveys, sign-up forms, feedback forms, and much more. It is also a great tool to design quizzes that you can integrate into Google Classroom. There are various types of questions that you can choose from to create your quizzes. Additionally, they have a range of options for modifying the options.
- You’ll first have to design an initial form to design a quiz. This is covered more thoroughly in our tutorial on creating simple forms. However, we’ll go over some of the fundamentals below.
- Go to your Google Forms homepage. Click on it to open the “Blank” icon.
- Before you begin writing the questions and answers to your test, you’ll need to alter the settings of your form. Select on the Settings icon at the top-right corner.
- Click on the Questions tab, and then toggle the make this the subject of a quiz switch. By turning this off, you will have various choices for quizzes accessible that will permit you to select which students you want to take part in your quiz.
Click the buttons in the interactive below to learn more about the various quiz settings.
Once you’ve picked your preferred setting Once you’ve made your selections, you can then choose a name for your quiz and begin making your questions. For more information on creating form questions, review our lesson on creating simple forms.
Selecting correct answers for your questions
Each time you take your test, you’ll have to determine your correct Answer. For this to be done, click the Answer Key.
The screen will look different according to the type of question you’ve selected. Let’s examine how to pick the correct answers to a variety of common types of questions:
- With the help of multiple-choice or check-box, choose the appropriate Answer (s) in the options available if you have a question.
- To get a short-answer Question, answer in the Find a correct solution. Field. You may also include multiple correct answers if the language is used in a specific question. Suppose you tick off Answer all other questions incorrectly. If the answers do not match will automatically not be marked correctly. If you do not check it and the answers aren’t the same will be given to you to review manually and then grade.
- Paragraph questions don’t allow for the possibility to include correct answers. Since they’re more lengthy and need more research, you’ll have to go through them individually and mark the questions independently.
Once you’ve selected the correct Answer, After selecting the correct answers, choose the number of points you’d like the test to earn in the field of points. You can also avail yourself of making use of response feedback. It gives students feedback on questions dependent on whether they choose correctly.
Click Add feedback to answer and enter the message you want to display for incorrect or correct answers.
Each question has a Required toggle switch. If you want students to answer the question, toggle on Required. A red asterisk will appear next to the quiz question to let them know it is mandatory. If you want students to have the choice of answering the question, toggle off Required.
Once you’re satisfied with the question, you can preview it and give it a try to make sure everything’s correct. To do this, click the Preview icon in the top-right corner.
Making sections of your test
- Based on the number of questions you have, you might decide to divide the quiz into different parts. This will mean your questions are divided into multiple pages rather than all contained on the same page.
- To do that, select to click the “Add Section” icon located in the toolbar on the side.
- You can also add additional questions in these areas using the steps outlined in the previous paragraph. You can also transfer questions to different sections by dropping and dragging them using the icon below.
Adding quizzes to classes
- After completing your test, you’ll have to take it back to your classroom. Similar to how you add documents, videos, links, or documents to your work, You can also add forms.
- When creating an assignment, click on the Google Drive icon in the lower-left corner.
- Select the quiz you’ve made, Then click “Add.”
- Once you’ve sent your assignment along with the attached quiz, the students will be competent to complete the assignment. You’ll be able to view the responses just as you do with any other Google Form.